Weekly Church Bulletins
- November 17, 2019
- November 10, 2019
- November 3, 2019
- October 27, 2019
- Older issues
- Parish Info and Contacts
Weekly E-newsletter links
- November 18, 2019
Christianity and The Mainstream Entertainment Industry
Just a few weeks ago, world renowned hip hop artist Kanye West released his latest album entitled Jesus is King, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 charts. West has been creating a lot of buzz as of late due to his recent renewal in his Christian faith.
Despite this however, there’s still an abundance of sexualization, violence, drug use, and foul language in today’s mainstream entertainment industry. Naturally, as young adults, we tend to be part of this youth culture. Therefore, it’s important to discuss what we should and shouldn’t consume, and what brings us closer to or further away from God. The evening will consist of a free dinner, time to socialize, a discussion, and then night prayer.
For more details, contact Russel Niere at 438-881-8585 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A homeless shelter in Rome fit for a king
- Did you know that 75% of religious violence is against Christians, making them the world’s most persecuted group? Find out more in the Canadian Bishops “Statement on the Persecution of Christians”
- November 11, 2019
- Veteran Darroch Robertson and Knights of Columbus Guy Taillon and Joe Ojeda among those participating in our Remembrance Day ceremony at Mass yesterday.
- November is the month we reflect on the “Four Last Things”. Find out what Archbishop Fulton Sheen says about them.
- Did you know there is a World Day of the Poor? Here is Pope Francis’ message.
- November 4, 2019
- This Fr. Matthew Schmitz video on Mass is an investment of time (45 minutes), but as someone told me who saw it, “I will never see Mass the same way again”.
- Life of Christ, Part 6: “The Sermon on the Mount”
- October 28, 2019
- Dr. Peter Kreeft gives us some ideas on how to begin praying and meditating. I will suggest one of his books in next week’s bulletin.
- Was Pope Pius XII “Hitler’s Pope” during the Second World War, doing little or nothing for the eventual victims of the Holocaust? Get the facts.
- If you missed the parish giveaway of Bishop Barron’s book, “Letter to a Suffering Church”, you can purchase a Kindle copy here for 99 cents.
- October 21, 2019
- Friday of next week, November 1, is not only All Saints’ Day, but also First Friday, which means the Blessed Sacrament will be exposed from 9:00 a.m. to midnight. But what do we do during our time of Eucharistic Adoration, whether for a few minutes or a full hour? Elizabeth Scalia describes it beautifully.
- Bishop Barron recently visited Reddit (the hugely popular network of communities based on people's interests) for another #AMA (“ask me anything”) session. Over 15,000 comments poured in from young skeptics around the world, making it the third most-commented-on #AMA of the year (after Bill Gates and Bernie Sanders). Listen here.
- Save the date! Wednesday, November 13, from 7-9pm, is the first of ten sessions at the parish of an amazing new program called Sycamore. Stay tuned for details.
- Previous issues