Godparents must be baptized and confirmed Catholic or Orthodox (at least 1 must be Catholic), be at least 16 years of age, as well as be living a life in harmony with the faith. Protestants are not admitted as official godparents, but they may act as official witnesses at the baptismal celebration. One or two godparents are allowed, and if there are two, they must be of the opposite sex.
Canon law requires that the parents and godparents be properly prepared to assume their role in the baptism of the children. Contact the parish office (514-626-4111) for the schedule of baptism preparation and celebrations.
- Copy of baby’s birth certificate
- Copy of godparent(s) confirmation certificate
When you call to book a date, be ready with the following information:
- Name, birthdate, and birthplace of baby.
- Names, address, and phone number(s) of parents
- Name(s) of godparent(s) and current parish of worship
*For info regarding Adult Baptism, Communion and Confirmation, check the RCIA page